Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Continued Call

I just finished reading a book by Hedi and Rolland Baker, who are missionaries to the poorest country in the world Mozambique. The book was filled with stories of hundreds of stories of miracles that God has done because of their radical faith in him. The Bakers have planted over 9,000 churches in Mozambique and their ministry continues to grow rapidly. Something Hedi wrote at the end of the book struck me again as the reason Laura and I feel the need to go into the world now:

"The Lord is calling for servant lovers who will call in the outcasts, who will go into the dark corners of the world and compel the poor to come. And they will come. They'll come by the millions. Who will go and leave their life of comfort and call in the broken? Who will go and be a learner? Who will go and lay their life down for Jesus among the poor? The Lord Jesus wants His house to be full. It's time for us to go out to the poor, to the broken, to the homeless, to they dying, the lonely, and call them to come in. Thousands and thousands of missionaries and ministers need to go out to the darkest places, to the poorest places, to the forgotten places, because the wedding feast is about to begin and so many of the poor haven't been called. Rush and call them. They will come."

The song that has become our kinda of theme song for our trip is a song called "I Will Go" by Starfield. The lyrics are listed below. Will you go?



I Will Go lyrics

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain

let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me

Send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment